Friday, October 12, 2012

One recipe a week

So I've decided to make a new recipe each week. Most of them come from recipes I've found on Pinterest.

Last week I decided to not make one but THREE recipes. I've been on a soup kick since the weather has suddenly turned to fall. One of my favorite soups was introduced to me in Rwanda. Two of the cafes near our office both served carrot ginger soup. I tried it once and I was hooked! So I scoured the internet for a carrot ginger soup recipe and it was delicious. Next time, I'll make sure to add a bouillon cube because it was not very well seasoned. With just a hint of salt and fresh pepper on top, it was divine!


Soup #2 was a roasted vegetable and kale soup. I love kale and since I need half a butternut squash for my carrot ginger soup, I was all set to go in making this one. The veggie soup came out very flavorful and it made so many servings that I had to freeze half of them.

Recipe #3 was a broccoli and cheese quinoa recipe that was delicious. I was a little skeptical that it had mayo it it but it turned out great. Of course in making all of these I forgot to take pictures.


No comments: