Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Clermont-Ferrand

Well I'm officially in Clermont-Ferrand, France which will be my home for the next 4 months to a year, dependent on an internship. The trip here was exhausting but it is really nice to finally have reached my destination. A group of students from the Welcome Association at the school met us at the train station and took us to their flats which are scattered around the town for the evening.

The next morning we walked to the school and saw the amazing view of snow covered mountains in the distance. The town we are in has a lot of charm, small cobblestone roads, a town center with a large ferris wheel, and lots of boutiques lining the streets. We all got cell phones and enjoyed a coffee sitting outside in the cold outside a cafe. The time change has not yet set in for me so I've been constantly tired but hopefully it should work itself out in a few days.

Today was our first day of actual class and I felt good about understanding a good portion of what the professors were saying. It is going to be an intense few months but I am really looking forward to it. Tomorrow I will search for a place to live, hopefully I can find a flat and move in by the end of the week.

No comments: