Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New beginnings

It's been a rough few weeks adjusting back to America. Mike and I moved in together in PA where he is attending Penn State and finishing a degree in Biology before applying to Dental School. Our apartment is great and things with us are wonderful. The hard part for me is getting back into America- the pace of life, living in a new part of the country, trying to find a job, trying to make friends, figuring out where I am and where I want to go. The Peace Corps was an incredible experience but now I have to figure out how to translate my experience into what I want to do with the rest of my life. I know graduate school is in the near future and I'm trying to create these great plans but getting there is harder than I thought.

One of the big changes I made when I returned was cutting off my hair. I let it grow out the two years I was gone and decided I would again donate my hair to Locks of Love. You can see the difference between the following pictures. That's a lot of hair- yikes!





I'm still trying to find a job- one that may help me on my career path and not completely change it. Needless to say, there's not much work outside of the restaurant and retail industries in State College but I'm looking. It's weird being in a college town and not actually in college.

No comments: