Wednesday, November 07, 2007

October 15, 2007
Another Monday. I started computer class in Morro today and have three
students. A third grader, a fourth grader, and an 80 year old man. The
fourth grader is really bright and seems to have some computer experience
and the 80 year old man is fascinating. I could not imagine my grandparents
at age 80 going to computer class or even having an interest in learning a
computer. Apparently, they have been practicing with the computer for 3
months and want to learn how to use it better, etc. Supposedly there are a
few others who are supposed to be coming to class but they didn¹t show up.

English went well today. I¹m now on lesson 6, which means we¹ve had class
for 3 weeks. Time really flies here, it¹s amazing. My birthday is next week.
I started studying for the GMAT yesterday which in reality means I read the
beginning part of my Barron¹s guide and took the diagnostic test. Tomorrow I
start refreshing my math skills. It seems like so long since I¹ve done
geometry and trig. I guess I¹ve tried to avoid math as much as possible.

No comments: