Friday, September 06, 2013

Feb 10-16

Big shopping trip at Safeway this week. I felt slightly crazy buying 5 boxes of cereal but I'm still trying to get a handle on this whole couponing thing. We also bought special treats for Valentine's Day.

Before coupons: $204
After coupons: $89

Valentine's Day was nice. I came home to roses and a delicious surf and turf dinner. It was Mike's first time cooking lobster and it turned out fantastic! It was also a coworker's birthday so I made cupcakes which I brought into the office. 

We spent the weekend at my parent's house since Monday there was a 3 day weekend. Mom and Dad were still in Hawaii so we had the house to ourselves. Part of the visit included seeing some great friends in Charlotte and then hosting a friend from my IMBA program in Winston. Always fun to catch up with friends and celebrate life's important moments!

On the menu:
Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday: Surf and turf (lobster tail and filet), asparagus risotto 
Friday: Dinner with friends- crockpot southwest chicken and skinny chipotle lime rice
Saturday: Mexican food from La Botana
Sunday: Lunch- Mexican food at La Carretta



Homemade hoagie rolls




balsamic roast beef french dips


Mango filled cupcakes


Surf and Turf with asparagus risotto

Mike made me this shirt 

Dessert: chocolate cheesecakes
Our weekend visit included a trip to the mall where we had to stop by the pet store and love on a puppy!







No comments: