Friday, June 20, 2008

America

I'm back in America and getting here was a little difficult but I finally made it. I got back on June 7th and my stomach problems adusting to American enriched chemically altered food are now kicking in. Good thing I'll get to go through this again in about two weeks...

Mike was really suprised to see me at the airport 3 days early and we had a great time in Winston with my family and friends. Lauren suprised us and took us to see a new musical about pirates! We also hung out with Ler, Adam and Daniel at the annual rib fest (yay bbq!).

I'm now in New York for Crossroads Orientation. I arrived Tuesday after a much delayed flight. Mike and Rick drove up Wednesday and we went into the city, drank way too many Long Island ice teas, and saw Spamalot. Very funny! Yesterday the participants arrived and we had day one of orientation. My group has 8 people (including me), mostly college students, one recent graduate, and one older woman. The majority of them are pre-med or work in the public health field. I'm really excited to start this next adventure with them and I think we are all looking forward to finally getting to Uganda.

Today is the Crossroads pinning ceremony where we are sworn in as the 2008 (50th anniversary) group of Crossroaders. Tomorrow is a big 50th anniversary celebration in the city and an African food feast at the UN.

That's about it for now. I'm going to indulge in some more Starbucks before our medical session this morning.

Ti logo...

No comments: