Saturday, August 25, 2007

Almost Home

It's Saturday of Week 8 and this week has been the most relaxing since I've been here for training. Week 8 was designated as project implementation week which means that all the CD (community development) groups were confirming speakers, materials, etc for their projects and are implementing them this weekend, and all the ED (Education) groups were implementing Model School. I'm very impressed by this year's group and I think their projects are going to go really well.

The youth development group is doing a fun day this afternoon using adolescents in the community to teach dance, songs, games, and art crafts to kids.

The environmental eduacation group is doing a trash pick up and as I've heard lately, is scheming to have people pick up trash in pairs, using only 2 arms between the two of them.

And the mobilizers are doing a school clean up, fixing broken chairs, windows, washing tables and floors, and then having music and food afterwards.

I'm relieved that mom's surgery is over with and she seems to be recovering well. She has been on my mind nonstop for the past few weeks.

One week left and I'm back in Maio. I'm really looking forward to moving in and getting my life settled.

No comments: