Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Monday Blues

Someone´s got a case of the Mondays...So this week started off mas o menos. I was going to come to the youth center in the afternoon but it was closed because all the people that work here had a class and I forgot. Good job Jules. So I went home and checked out my cd from our resource center and read a bunch of materials that will maybe help me later.

At night we went back to the Italian restaurant for pizza- we can´t keep going there or we won´t have any living allowance left- but the food is so good. Afterwards we hung out with the Americans and played Monopoly.

I made it in to the CEJ this morning and learned that the music day has been changed to the 14th because the 1st is approaching quickly and ´we need more time for planning. I was supposed to go to Calheta to meet with the women´s group today but my counterpart called up and said she´s in Praia for the week doing something so that means no meeting today. Oh well, I guess I kind of knew things get changed around a lot here and I´ve just got to take it with a grain of salt. I was really looking forward to the meeting but I guess for now I´ll spend more time hanging out in the community. Tonight our friends from the Canary Islands are making paella for dinner. I´m pretty stoked.

No comments: